From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Napa Cabbage Slaw


This is a wonderful slaw type salad that I have been making once a week for my family.  I guess the reason why I have been making it so frequently is because my kids devour this slaw, and ask for more.  What kid wants more salad? Seriously.  I also like it because it is inexpensive, and easy to throw together as a side.  It is very, very easy. The dressing is actually made from my recipe for Amazing Asian Dressing, so there is definitely an Asian flair. I half the dressing if I use only half of the head of cabbage.  Keep in mind that you could throw ANY type of veggie in this salad.  Sugar snap peas, bite size broccoli, carrots, zucchini, cilantro etc.  The recipe that I have listed is what I usually have on hand, but be creative and add your own spin to this one. I like to serve this with Spam Musubi (if you live in Hawaii you know what this is) or grilled chicken and rice.  The rice soaks up the dressing and it is delish.


Napa Cabbage Slaw

1 head of Napa cabbage, sliced thinly
1/2 onion, cut in half and sliced thinly
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 more tbs. of mayo added to the dressing
1 recipe for Amazing Asian Dressing (click on title for the recipe)

Combine all ingredients together, and let sit for 15 or so minutes in the fridge.  If you want a little more salt, add some soy to your desired taste.

No comments: