From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mini Cheesecakes

This recipe is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy, it should be in a kids cookbook. I almost feel a little silly posting it, but I figured, I might as well since the outcome turns out to be quite gourmet looking, and they taste FAB with little effort involved. I have made these for parties/functions, and everyone always thinks they are super cute/gourmet. This is a perfect way to have cheesecake at a party without needed a plate or a fork. I buy the foil cupcake tins, and cook them on a jelly roll pan...this works perfect, and it's the perfect wrapper for these. There are many variations you could do for flavors, such as adding pumpkin and cinnamon along w/a gingersnap cookie on the bottom, a couple of teaspoons of lemon peel for lemon cheesecakes, chocolate, crushed Oreos, raspberries, etc. The possibilities are endless. I usually garnish these with canned fruit topping, but if you had fresh fruit it would be even more delish! If you do try these let me know how you made them! I would love to hear your variations.
Mini Cheesecakes

2 (8 oz) cream cheese (can use the less fat kind too)
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c. sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
18 vanilla wafers
topping of your choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and lemon juice. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each muffin tin wrapper. Pour batter into tins, bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool, and then refrigerate for a couple of hours. Garnish with your desired topping.

22 comments:

BernsteinBunch said...

Rachelle, you're killing me here with all these recipes. I can feel myself getting fatter just looking at the pictures :)

Sofi said...

totally! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

They are quite good. Mine for some reason required a lot longer bake time. somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes. Currently making them now. They smell great.

Anonymous said...

This recipe is for MINI cheesecakes and should say to use the mini baking cups - you will also need closer to 36 nilla wafers - then the baking time listed on this recipe is fine. If you follow the recipe as printed and use regular baking cups - the baking time is actually more like 25-30 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Have made these myself for many years - they are simple and delish, and I am always asked for the recipe. I have always made them in the regular size cupcake liners and use the foil cups. I too use canned fruit toppings (cherry and blueberry)and for Easter this year I topped them with a small amount of coconut and some small jelly beans for fun - they were a hit. Have never tried adding other ingredients (chocolate chips, toffee pieces, etc) or some different flavorings, but I will definately do so in the future.

Anonymous said...

Great recipe, will DEFINITELY make again!

Anonymous said...

I came across this today, Had everything in the fridge/pantry and figured why not?? They WERE soooo easy to make AND Very Yummmy!! I kind of left them in a bit longer than I should have. Next time I do less :)
Thanks for quick and simple treat for the family. ~Karen

Karen said...

Saw your picture and copy/pasted recipe on this Facebook page today. Wanted to make sure you were aware :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151500656732438&set=pb.79966562437.-2207520000.1363892875&type=3&theater

Anonymous said...

what kind of topping did you use in the picture above?

Rachelle Underwood said...

Anonymous

I used cherry pie filling. But, you could use absolutely any topping you wish!

Roxanne1038 said...

do you use JUST the tin part of the muffins wrappers or do you use the tin and the paper together when you bake these?

Unknown said...

I am making these right now :) So far, they are WONDERFUL and super easy :) Cheesecake is my favorite desert EVER so I love this recipe :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How many does this make?

Anonymous said...

I make these mini-style, using the mini foil cups. Instead of always vanilla wafers, crush chocolate graham crackers, combined with a bit of melted butter and a dash of cinnamon and press into bottom of foil cup. Mix in mini semi sweet chocolate chips and spoon mixture on top of crushed grahams that you have compacted slightly with small spoon. Bake these off. When cool, pipe on a dab of whipped choc. frosting and a spritz of whipped cream at serving time. Beautiful and YUMMY!

drillmom said...

Could these be made a week in advance and then kept in the freezer until ready to use?

Unknown said...

do you put the whole vanilla wafer on the bottom or you have to crush them ? i want to make them they look delicious. and if im going to make them in regular size cupcakes liners for how much time should i bake them?

toni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
toni said...

Would like to make these. They look so good!! Couple of questions - do you have to use the foil liners and did you use mini liners and also mini vanilla wafers? The directions were unclear. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Can these mini cheesecakes be made ahead and frozen without the pie filling on top?

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering the same thing!

Unknown said...

Just made these today, they were yummy, but i made the mistake of not beating until silky smooth. I used cherry and blueberry pie filling!

Anonymous said...

I don't see a recipe yield anywhere on this page. Is it 12 for a regular muffin tin or 24 for a double?