From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Thursday, February 28, 2013

Teriyaki-Coconut Hawaiian Grilled Chicken

I have made this recipe about 4 times, and I absolutely love it.  I love this recipe because you are not just getting flavorful teriyaki chicken, but teriyaki coconut chicken.  I love all things coconut, and we have alot of recipes in Hawaii that use coconut milk.  This one will not disappoint.  I made this for my parents when they came for a visit, as well as for my sister and her husband during their visit.  It pairs nicely with white rice, and a salad using my amazing Asian dressing.  I have never made this recipe using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but I'm sure it would be just fine.  I love the way the boneless, skinless thighs taste in this recipe.  And the good thing, is that if you are afraid of overcooking the chicken on the grill, you can't over cook thighs.



Teriyaki-Coconut Hawaiian Grilled Chicken

1 c soy sauce
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c water
1/2 can coconut milk (freeze the rest for later use)
1/2 onion, sliced thin
3 garlic cloves, minced
3-4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Combine all ingredients into a freezer ziplock bag.  Add chicken, and let marinade at least 8 hours, or up to 12 hours.  Grill chicken until done, enjoy!

 Recipe adapted from here.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog tonight and my mouth is watering with every recipe! Can't wait to create more of these!

Blogger said...

3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually kill fat by consuming coconut fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!