From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chewy Apple Cider Cookies

These cookies are making me really happy right now.  Seriously. Not because I haven't made a baked good in over a month, but because they taste so amazing.  The texture of this cookie is absolutely perfect.  Perfectly chewy, spiced and little bit of tang from the apple flavoring.  I added white chocolate chips to my cookies to round it all out.  The original recipe had caramel in the middle, which I'm sure is amazing.  I just didn't have the caramel on hand. These are the perfect cookies for the holiday season. 


Chewy Apple Cider Cookies 

(Makes about 1 1/2 dozen very large cookies, double if needed)

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
5 packets of instant apple cider
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Mix butter, sugar and cider packets together.  Add egg and vanilla, mix well.  Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix just until incorporated.  Add white chocolate chips, and stir to combine.  Bake for 11-12 minutes.

No comments: