From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Thursday, August 15, 2013

TDF Chicken Salad

I have been out of the cooking world for sometime now.  Sorry about that.  There has been a certain something growing in my belly that has sucked the life out of me, and turned me off to food this summer.  Yes, I'm expecting in January, and I'm very excited.
I do have a wonderful recipe to share with you.  Do you hate that chicken salad just tastes like mayonnaise?  I do, and that's why I came up with the TDF version, that I absolutely love.  I usually put this on top of lettuce leaves, eat with crackers or for a party you could put on croissants or rolls.  It really is flavorful, and has lots of crunchy goodness in it.  You will love it!



TDF Chicken Salad

2 c boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 green apple, chopped
3-4 celery stalks, chopped
1/3 c dried cranberries, cherries, or apricots, chopped
2 green onion, sliced thinly
1/4 c nuts, any kind, chopped (this is optional)

Dressing:
1/3 c mayonnaise
1/3 c sour cream
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed up
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients together, and chill for flavors to meld together.  Serve on top of lettuce or on bread.


No comments: