From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Luscious Lemon Bars

This recipe has always been a family favorite. My parents like to make it at Christmas time, and when I was young that is the only occasion that we would have them. With my husband being such a lemon lover, and me realizing how easy this recipe was, I make them all the time, for ANY occasion. They are a HUGE crowd pleaser, and I know they sell them in pre-made packages at the store, but come on...everything tastes better homemade. Sometimes, I add the lemon zest of a lemon to the filling, but mostly I leave it out. I have also made this recipe with lime juice, and it was really good. Add a couple of drops to the lime juice mixture, so that you know they are lime and not lemon, since the juice practically looks the same. I still want to try and make them with orange, but I'm afraid they will be too sweet. Grapefruit may be a good one, if you like that flavor. Anyways, these really are TDF, and "look" and taste gourmet.
Luscious Lemon Bars

Crust:
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 c. flour
dash of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients, and mix well. Press dough into a 9x13 ungreased pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edged start turning golden.

Filling:
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. flour
2 c. sugar
6 tbsp. lemon juice

Combine flour, and sugar; Mix with beaten eggs and lemon juice. Pour mixture onto partially baked crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set. Dust with powdered sugar, and let cool completely before cutting them into squares.

No comments: