From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pork Chops with Savory Raspberry Sauce

I made this for dinner last night and it turned out delish! I had just bought yummy raspberry preserves from Costco and boneless pork loin from the store, and thought, doesn't fruit pair well with pork? So I experimented, and the outcome turned out GREAT! I have been watching what I eat lately, so I served this along with a a simple salad, and it was very satisfying and healthy. You can use what ever pork is on sale for the week, my pork was cut into 1 inch slices, but like I said, it doesn't really matter.

Pork Chops with Savory Raspberry Sauce

3-4 pork chops
salt
pepper
season salt
olive oil

For the Sauce:
1 c. water
1 tsp chicken boullion
1/4 c. finely minced onion
3 tbsp. raspberry preserves (you could use any preserves you have)

Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl or measuring cup, set aside. In a large saucepan, preheat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high heat. Season both sides of pork with salt pepper, and season salt. Place pork in pan and brown on each side, cooking until done in the middle. Remove pork and set aside. While the heat is still on medium high, pour sauce mixture, scraping up all the leftover bits from the pork off the pan. Boil sauce mixture until it decreases by half. It will get slightly thicker, taste along the way to make sure the seasonings are correct. Serve sauce over pork chops.

No comments: