From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Monday, June 7, 2010

Slow Cooker Cordon Bleu Chicken Rolls

I found this recipe in one of my MANY cookbooks, and gave it a try. I was very excited about the outcome, since I love having dinner ready before the most hectic time period of the day (4-6pm). I especially love chicken cordon blue, it has always been a favorite, but I have always felt like I have to make it on a Sunday when I have LOTS of time to prepare it. But with this recipe, the assembly was quick, the clean up was easy, and the taste was delicious. I served this with rice on the side, and a salad.

Slow Cooker Cordon Bleu Chicken Rolls

6 chicken breasts
6 slices of deli style ham
6 slices of provolone or swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper


Spray 3 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Pound our chicken breasts between plastic wrap until about 1/4 inch thick. Place 1 slice of ham, and one slice of cheese on each flattened chicken breast, roll up, tucking sides in. Place rolls seam sides down in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, and spoon over chicken. Cover, cook on low setting for 3 1/2 hours to 4 1/2 hours. Remove rolls from cooker to a cutting board. Beat sauce in the cooker with wire wisk until smooth. Spoon 1/3 c. sauce onto each plate. Cut each chicken roll into slice and serve on top of the sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.

No comments: