From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How the process is done....

So, I have decided to share with my followers and friends the process which it takes to keep this blog going. 2 years ago, I typed up a bunch of my recipes, and copied them off, bounded them together, and created a cookbook called TDF Recipes. It was so much work to type every single recipe out at one time. I decided that I was going to start a blog, to make it easier to compile my recipes. I discovered along the way how much I loved this new publishing hobby of mine. It is fun for me to help others in the kitchen with ideas, recipes, and tips. And it is so nice when someone asks me for a recipe, I can say "its on the blog". Besides the fact that now, I have a great collection for myself online.I think it is absolutely necessary to have a picture with each recipe. I HATE recipe books without pictures, I won't even attempt to make a recipe if it doesn't have a picture. So, to get my pictures, after I cook the recipe that I post, I go to google images and match the picture that matches best with my outcome. I make sure there aren't any ingredients in the picture that aren't in the recipe. This saves me a ton of time. I'm not a photographer,and I don't have any interest in being one. This blog is a hobby, not a business.
The process of getting my recipes comes through several different outlets. I watch alot of Food Network cooking shows, read cookbooks, and read other cooking blogs. Through these outlets, I'm able to learn what flavors go together, and then I customize the recipe to fit my palate.
This hobby is so much fun for me, and I enjoy the "no pressure" element that comes with my food blog. I appreciate all the followers and readers that visit my blog regularly. It really makes my day when a recipe turns out for you. Thanks again for reading! I look forward to sharing many more TDF recipes with you! And just because I can't resist, here is a recipe for an easy party punch...it's a family favorite!

Party Punch

1 large can pineapple juice (chilled)
1 (2 liter) bottle Sprite or 7-up (chilled)

Combine the two together, and serve.



2 comments:

Andrea Wiseman said...

Ok I have had no desire to cook in a while, but I'm back on it and I'm so glad that you have SO many recipes on here! yay thanks! totally agree about the pics, when there is a cook book that has a pic like every other page, I can't even look at the ones without pictures. Thanks for experimenting so i don't have to! Andrea

Anonymous said...

yay! we are all getting back on your blog here... I have been trying all sorts of your recipes and I tell the girls at work.. check it out on my sisters blog!! she is an amazing cook.. thanks for creating this! Jwells