From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Family Favorite Fruit Dip

This is one of my favorite recipes. I don't know why I only make it during the holidays, it really can be enjoyed year around. I have tasted many versions of fruit dips at baby showers, and other parties but I like this recipe because it is simple, and perfect just the way it is. My favorite combination is dipping oranges into the dip, it tastes like a Creamsicle. The dip can be made in advance, and tastes better after it sits in the fridge for a couple of hours. I use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese, just so I feel better about eating it, and the flavor is still the same. Also, don't be afraid to whip this dip really well when combining it, so that the marshmallow creme and cream cheese become a cohesive, luscious, condiment. YUM, YUM, YUM!


Family Favorite Fruit Dip

1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, room temperature
1 jar marshmallow creme
1 tbs. fresh lemon juice

In a medium bowl whip with beaters or kitchenaid the room temperature cream cheese, until completely smooth. Add marshmallow creme and lemon juice, and whip very well to combine until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve with cut up apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, and melons.

2 comments:

Leonie said...

I love the sound of this recipe but what is marshmallow crime and where can I buy it?

pandaluver365 said...

Hi there, Marshmallow Creme is just marshmallows gently simmered down & whipped with some vanilla. It's also commercially made, it's called Whip. Kraft makes it. Some people like it with peanut butter on sandwiches. Or dip fruit pieces or brownies etc. It's in the grocery store baking ingredients aisle, next to the bags of
marshmallows😊