From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

If you haven't seen the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses...look for them the next time you are at Walmart or the drugstore. They are white chocolate mint kisses, that are just creamy and divine. I made these cookies for a Christmas cookie exchange and they were so festive and yummy. The kids especially like them because pf how colorful they look. You will not be disappointed! (I put my cookies in the fridge to let cool so that the chocolate would harden up faster.)


Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

48 Hershey's Kisses Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 c flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs milk
red, green, or white sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla and combine thoroughly. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and then roll in sugar to coat. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let sit 2-3 minutes. Unwrap peppermint kiss, and push them into the center of the cookies. Remove cookie onto a cooling rack. (Make sure you do not jiggle or move cookies as the kiss will be very melty, and you want them to keep their form)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this idea! I don't celebrate Christmas but, will be baking for the teachers' gifts , I will definantly make these.

Gabby said...

These are just the cutest! Definitely help put me in the holiday mood! Can't wait to bake some of these delicious cookies :)

Anonymous said...

They would be good with the cherry
kisses on the top of them also.
I might give them both a try maybe tomorrow.i'll let you know which one is best..I will let you know which one is better,

Anonymous said...

I made these, and they were delicious. Thank you so much. BTW I'm not a good baker, and my friends were actually surprised that I made it :)

Rachelle Underwood said...

Anonymous,

I'm so glad you had a good experience with baking! Glad it turned out for you!

Anonymous said...

I made these (this is the same recipe on the Hershey site) and was disappointed by them. Cookies are pretty bland. Not sure why - the recipe seems like a pretty straightforward sugar cookie. Bummed, have to dump the batch and start over as I don't feel they are good enough to give away.