From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hot Chili Cheese Dip

This was the dip my mother would make for any occasions where she needed to bring something like an appetizer. I have always loved the taste of this dip, rich, tangy, and addictive! With New Years Eve coming up, I thought it would be an appropriate recipe to post. There are only 2 ingredients, and random as they might be (I posted pics so you know what to look for at the grocery store, click on picture for larger view.), they are so incredibly good together. The cheddar cheese spread can probably be found by Velveeta cheese in the grocery store. You can buy any brand of chili con carne with no beans, they will work the same. Sometimes you can't find no salt tortilla chips, so I have just gotten some regular tortilla chips. I sometimes double the batch, and put it into my small crock pot on low to keep it warm. So if you want an easy appetizer, that everyone will love, this is the one for you!





Hot Chili Cheese Dip

1 can chili con carne with no beans
1 jar Old English Cheddar Cheese Spread
1 bag tortilla chips (no salt)

Heat together cheese spread and chili con carne together in a medium sized bowl in the microwave or in a medium pot on the stove until smooth and hot. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: