From The Kitchen Of Rachelle Underwood



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Easy Dessert Bread Sticks

I made my Fast and Easy Bread Sticks recipe the other night, and had a lime in my fridge, and decided to make savory and sweet bread sticks at the same time. I grated the lime zest of one lime and combined it with a 1/2 of a cup of sugar. I stirred the sugar and the zest together so that they were combined. When rolling out the breadstick dough, prepare as listed in the recipe, brush with butter, and then generously sprinkle with lime sugar. Bake according to recipe. Prepare citrus frosting by combing the juice of one lime, 1 tbsp softened butter, a pinch of salt, and powdered sugar to desired "drizzle" consistency. Drizzle frosting over hot bread sticks when they come out. These came out incredible! I think I ate a dozen of them. I also like to make cinnamon sugar bread sticks, omitting the lime, and using a cinnamon and sugar mixture instead. Enjoy!

No comments: